Hi, i noticed the download button no longer works in the sermon media player(s), it only opens a new page and plays the media, not download but where i created my own page to download the KJV Bible, those downloads do work, seems to be linked to the media sermon player....
I disabled plugins down to the bare minimum, then made sure all plugins were up to date, then reset the whole website and had to reinstall the backup again but still not working...
One plugin i noticed causes a white background to appear in the scrolling list on the media player's playlist... the Events Calendar Plugin, but that appears to be a separate issue of which I went back to the working version of that plugin.....
any help in possibly locating the problem would be of great help.
Can you send me a link and steps to replicate for the download buttons that are working? Not sure why this is not working in FF or Chrome on my end, this since should be supported by HTML5.
Here's the link of the page that does work, but it's just a page I created:
...You can click any button on the Bible page and see they work.
All other links that use the Sermon player (ex. C2000 from the home page), none work for the download feature.
If you need anything else, let me know.
I have a theory, can you try uploading a file to your WP install, and using that for the download link? I have a feeling this may be related to cross-origins, where download need to come from the same server name (when using just the HTML5 markup).
sure, that's a test site, so we can try whatever you think. attach or point me to file and i can install.
try downloading the file from the Unveiledsermon, navigate to your WP install > Media > Add Media > upload the .mp3 > navigate to your sermon > download link > + button > find the .mp3 and select > hit save > reload page and try clicking the download button.
Please disregard the markup issues below, I am troubleshooting another bug that came up
ok, your theory was correct, here's a DOWNLOAD Button only using the Uploaded file option:
and then I created a second one with the Play button using UPLOAD option and Download Button using URL option that still does not work for Download Button:
So, I'm wondering how the Download Button option worked for months using URL feature with the media Sermon Players and then stop working but my Bible page i created still work with external URL's using Call to Action buttons?
I can only speculate on this, and I'm not an expert on cross origins, but from what I know it's to protect users from various sites posting downloadable content from different servers that are not hosted by them, and therefore not responsible for the content downloaded.
It may take some time for systems to index this, and for object/page/server cache to refresh, which is why it may work for a short while, and then stop. For example, I added your link to my site to download, and it currently works - http://passage.themeisland.net/sermon/support-and-testing/
Once I can replicate this on my end (i'm going to leave that link on that sermon), I can look into adding some js to support this, but there are no guarantees that js will fix this.